Introducing Malaysia's First Musical Keyboard
Pa600MY V2.0 Update
Owners of the Korg Pa600MY can now update their Pa600MY with all new styles such as Hari Raya, Dangdut Inil, Off Beat Cha-Cha, Deepavali and more
Download the brochure here
Read about the Korg Pa600MY in downloadable PDF file here
Preserving our very own music heritage
Music keyboards, known for their powerful functionality, have been long-established to contain various conventional tones such as piano, strings, woodwind, brass and percussion instruments. And it is these tones that directly shape and influence the very songs that we listen to today.
Yet, a lack of exposure to our traditional musical instruments have led to a decline in the interest of our local music heritage. Imagine if we could empower our local musicians and composers with a new set of comprehensive traditional instrument sounds and musical styles that inspires and preserves decades of Malaysia’s rich musical history for the next generation.
As part of our ongoing commitment to promote local music in Malaysia, Korg is proud to announce a brand new initiative to create Malaysia's very own musical keyboard.
Our aim is to create a keyboard that encompasses the traditional instruments sounds, as well as musical styles that define the music and culture of our three ethnic races - Malay, Chinese, and Indian. This is a feat that has never been done before – until now.
Introducing the Pa600MY
The Pa600MY is a state-of-the-art arranger keyboard that features a huge collection of quality sounds and realistic backing accompaniments that is ideal to be used at home or on the stage.
Working with the latest technology from Korg’s highly-acclaimed series of arranger keyboards, the Pa600MY will be based on the hugely popular Pa600 and feature over 950 fully editable sounds as well as more than 360 pre-loaded music styles that includes traditional instrument sounds from the Malay, Chinese and Indian community. It also features an intuitive 7” touchscreen colour display and two 15-Watt speakers for sound amplification. The Pa600MY also comes with 4 stereo master effects and supports playback of a variety of formats like MIDI, KAR and MP3.
The Pa600MY is expected to contain 31 ethnic instruments as well as 43 or more accompanying styles that are unique to our three ethnic groups.
Besides being compact, inexpensive powerful and superb-sounding, the Pa600MY comes equipped with the most up-to-date collection of quality sounds and styles combined.
The Pa600MY is a brilliant Professional Arranger that distills the sonic essence and functionality of the Pa series into a compact and affordable new instrument. Like its big brothers - the Pa800 and the Pa3X - the Pa600MY uses our RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) technology to deliver sound quality that’s unprecedented in an arranger keyboard. With its new compact cabinet, large TFT color TouchView display, enormous factory and user PCM memory, huge style database and excellent amplification system, Korg has raised the standard of excellence in the entry-level price range. Listen and Believe.
31 Ethnic Instrument Sounds
The Pa600MY features 31 amazing ethnic instrument sounds unique to our Malay, Chinese and Indian communities. Each instrument features multiple sound samples, painstakingly recorded from professional musicians and real live instruments using state-of-the-art recording techniques.
Also included is a bonus library of 43 localised styles unique to the Malay, Chinese and Indian community. From traditional lion dance, Chinese opera and Mando Pop, to traditional Malay dance such as the Zapin or Joget, and even the Bhangra and Bollywood styles from the Indian community, the Pa600MY combines the musical essence of our 3 ethnic groups into 1 keyboard.
List of Malay Instruments
• Cak Lengpong Percussion (Brass-Mallet Family)
• Angklung Percussion (Wooden)
• Kompang Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
• Seruling Wind Instrument (Flute Family)
• Rebana Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
• Malay Gong Percussion (Brass-Mallet Family)
• Marwas Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
• Serunai Wind Instrument (Flute Family)
• Gendang Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
List of Chinese Instruments
• Gu Zheng Plucked Strings (Zither Family)
• Pi Pa Plucked Strings (Lute Family)
• Liu Qin Plucked Strings (Lute Family)
• San Xian Plucked Strings (Lute Family)
• Ruan Plucked Strings (Lute Family)
• Er Hu Bowed Strings (Huqin Family)
• Yang Qin Hammered Strings (Chinese Dulcimer Family)
• Di Zi Wind Instrument (Flute Family)
• Jing Bo Percussion (Cymbals Family)
• Xiao Luo / Jing Luo Percussion (Gong Family)
• Ban Gu Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
List of Indian Instruments
• Dholak Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
• Mridangam Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
• Nadhaswaram Woodwind (Brass Family)
• Thavil Percussion (Wood-Skin Family)
• Veena String Instrument (Plucked Family)