The American Original Series guitars from Fender captures the classic vibe of their legendary guitars of bygone decades, with modern features, components, build technology, and feel. The solid body electric bass guitar was invented by Leo Fender with the introduction of the Precision Bass in 1951. Following on from success of the P-bass, Fender introduced the Jazz bass in 1960. Notable for it's slightly narrower neck, offset-waist body, and two single coil pickups, the Jazz Bass has stood the test of time to become one of the most played and recorded instruments in musical history having been chosen by such world-renowned bassists as Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, Victor Bailey, Sting, Flea and Rush frontman Geddy Lee.
The American Original '60s Jazz Bass adds modern features that move it into the next generation. With its offset waist alder body and fast-action slim '60s C shaped neck, this J Bass is incredibly comfortable to play and lets you play tight runs and grooves with ease. The Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are as authentic as possible, down to the enamel-coated coil, cloth-covered output wires, and Alnico 5 magnets, and throws out a wide range of tones. Nickel/Chrome hardware adds vintage look and feel, including a 4-saddle vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles provides amazing support for staying in tune.
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Colour: Olympic White
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Scale Length: 34"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Fretboard Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Pickups: 2 x Pure Vintage '64 Jazz Single-coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style, Threaded Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, .045-.105
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Case: Vintage-Style Hardshell